Wednesday 12 March 2014

My Idol Is My Mother (Entry 10)(Individual)(Farhana Riadi)


My idol is my mother. My mother's name Rosmah binti Kadiri. She is fully housewife. She has brought us up with great care and love. She is always there for us, to help and guide us. Just being near my mother and listening to her gentle and melodic voice makes me happy.

My mother does all the household chores. Many a times has father suggested getting a domestic maid to help with the household chores, but mother would not hear of it. She feels proud be the Woman od the House as she calls herself, and finds it a pleasure to see to it that everything is done by her own hands.

She cooks for us and takes care of all our needs. She also ensures that the house is clean and neat at all times. Sometimes, we volunteer to do our part to help her. But at most, mother only allows us to make our beds, clean our rooms and set the table for meals.

Mother also helps us with our school work. She sits down with us and goes through the lessons that we do not understand. She was a teacher before my eldest brother, Rohaizat, was born and, therefore, she is a trained teacher and knows how to tutor us herself. Mother would assess our homework and point out any mistakes we had even before we had handed in our homework or assignments to our teachers.

Mother also takes the time and trouble to listen to our day's activities everyday. She would advise us on the problems we faced and would encourage us to speak out freely and express our opinions and views. Simply, there is nothing that we cannot not discuss with mother. When I tell my friends about how my siblings and I are treated at home, many of my friends said that they wished their mothers could be as approachable as mine.

I am very happy that I have such a loving and caring mother. To me, she is the best mother in the whole wide world and I love her with all my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment